For more job listings, visit the AIA Career Center.
Experienced Architecture Production Associate – BDG Architects – Birmingham
BDG Architects has an immediate need for a talented, creative and motivated individual as an Architecture Production Associate to work with a studio team under the direct supervision of a project manager/team leader for a national client portfolio of work. This is a full-time position for an individual with knowledge and experience with architectural/interior design projects with a minimum of 5 years of experience producing Construction Documents and proficiency in Revit. As part of the interview process applicants will be asked to demonstrate an ability to perform specific/limited portions of assignments.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Focus on the production of documents and associated detailing with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple repetitive projects simultaneously.
- Perform specific/limited portions of assignments using prescribed methods for a variety of architectural projects under the general supervision of a licensed architect.
- Participate in the development of functional, sustainable and aesthetic designs with responsibilities that focus on project delivery of construction documents.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Experience: Preferred minimum of 5 years of production experience
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in an architectural office is preferred.
- Degree in Architecture is preferred. License is not necessary.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, and MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and professionally with other team members. and accept direction to reach common goals for successful outcomes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Values accuracy and thoroughness in all work with strict and careful attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes ownership of tasks and projects
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package including options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and the ability to participate in a 401K program. We also offer paid holidays and paid personal time off. If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm please should submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email to Resumes@BDGLLP.com. Please, no phone calls.
BDG Architects is a full-service architecture and design firm with its Headquarters in Tampa, Florida with its Southeast Regional Office in Birmingham, Alabama with over 20 years of experience throughout the United States. We have built our reputation as being on the leading edge of our industry through design excellence, building lasting relationships, and delivering high value to our clients. BDG understands that each client has a unique set of business strategies, which we focus our services to support, creating a true partnership. Our projects are extremely diverse in terms of project type, design styles, practice areas and scale. Additional information about the firm can be found at www.BDGLLP.com.
Christopher Architecture and Interiors is looking for a talented entry-level architect to join our team in Birmingham, Alabama.
CAI is a full-service interdisciplinary firm with offices in Birmingham, New York, and Los Angeles. Our nationally acclaimed, award-winning team is passionate about creating beautifully functional, transcendent designs. Our bespoke approach to each project is built on a collaborative methodology: integrating the nuances of a site, desires of the client, and passions of our gifted design team. We are committed to developing legacy projects, which often turns into lifelong friendships with our clients. We pride ourselves in producing excellent design and are looking for people with the same passion and commitment.
Your experience as an architect should bring a high level of design sense alongside a technical knowledge, construction experience and great leadership skills. Candidate should want to grow as an individual and team leader within the company. Coordination with team members, leadership, consultants, clients and stakeholders is expected. Exceptional graphic, design, interpersonal communication, and technical skills is needed.
Applicants for the Commercial Architect position should have experience in Commercial projects. The hired candidate will have a background in coordinating and developing construction documents, along with construction administration experience. The elected candidate, in concert with the Project Managers, will play a major role by supervising the work of the team, focused on design, development, and timely delivery of the deliverables for all phases of a project.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in all project phases for new construction: from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Extensive experience in construction document preparation and construction administration is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate (verbally and digitally) within the team and with consultants
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
- Computer skills – proficient in Revit with knowledge ofAutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and preferably 3D modeling software (SketchUp, Rhino or 3D Max).
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and verbal communication skills to coordinate efficiently with contractors, consultants, vendors, and clients
- Architectural registration is a plus
- Bachelors of Architecture or Masters of Architecture from an accredited program
The position is available immediately.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Commercial Architect” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 5 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.
Ghafari Associates, LLC
Ghafari Associates, LLC is seeking an Architect 3 for its full-service Architecture/Engineering office in Birmingham. We are a global firm of over 500 employees, with diverse clients in industrial, commercial, educational and healthcare markets. Come be a part of our exciting growth in the Southeast!
The Architect 3 assists in the development of the design work; leads in the production of technical drawings and specifications; coordinates the related work of the other disciplines; and assumes in-house construction administration duties on projects of moderate size and complexity.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering with 7+ years of related architecture experience. Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop and SketchUp is required. LEED preferred.
Please see the complete job posting on our Careers Portal at http://www.ghafari.com/join-the-team
Come work where talent thrives!
Jeffrey Dungan Architects
We are looking for a detail-oriented, experienced architect or non-licensed graduate/ intern to join our group of talented designers and thinkers. Self-starters that will help lead the process of bringing buildings from concept to final product are desired. Working on a variety of projects across the country- primarily private custom residences ranging through commercial; working closely with our clients and other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Detailed and organized thinking and creating and developing designs. Drawing in a thorough and accurate way. Presenting ideas and designs to staff and clients. Moving through the process from Schematic to Construction drawings to working with builders through the construction process.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Training from an accredited nationally known program and degree in architecture. Working knowledge of CAD/ Modeling/ and photoshop, etc. Prior experience in an architecture firm is desired but not required in the case of student/interns.
Please submit any resumes to LINDSEY@JEFFREYDUNGAN.COM
BIM (Revit) Specialist
LIVE Design Group, pc is looking for collaborative team members who have a passion for working with BIM (Revit) software. Located in Birmingham, AL, we’re a team of Architects and Interior Designers who value our firm’s family-oriented, collaborative culture. Our firm continues to invest in the people and technology required to stay at the forefront of design innovation and provide our clients a proven difference. We are a flexible and user-friendly firm with a variety of clients and projects in commercial, worship, multifamily and educational markets across the United States.
The ideal candidate will be a college graduate with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the architecture/construction industry and will be responsible for supporting the registered design professionals with Revit production on a wide range of projects. The position primarily entails the production of design development and construction documents for Houses of Worship, Commercial and Institutional projects. This candidate will function within the Architectural and Interiors staff and will be providing top notch production and support to all the design staff as well as collaborating with outside consultants and contractors. The candidate will also work very closely with the company’s BIM Leadership team in researching, developing, and implementing new BIM workflows, standards, and procedures.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- BIM Modeling and Detailing of Architecture and Interiors in REVIT software
- Work under the direction of a registered design professional
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other consultants and contractors
- Follow BIM guidelines and standards
- Print drawing sets and participate in design/coordination reviews
- Provide BIM/REVIT support to coworkers.
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s digital BIM Library
- Revit Content creation such as parametric families
- Integration of REVIT products with other applications (Autodesk, Renderings, Animations, Virtual Reality, Clash Detection, laser scans, Cost Estimation, etc.).
- Document and modeling of existing conditions, which could include field measuring at project sites
- Occasionally participate in BIM conferences for additional education and networking opportunities
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology, or Construction technology related field plus 2 + years of experience in professional or construction environment. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- 4 years’ experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Eager to support staff with positive attitude, passion and patience.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional Autodesk products use and support: REVIT experience is required. AutoCAD and Navisworks experience is highly desired, along with other BIM applications such as rendering/animation software, Dynamo, Recap, cost estimation software, etc.
- Working knowledge of design industry workflows, production cycle, and priorities.
- Working knowledge of general building construction
- Strong Level of Communication Skills and Self Initiative
- Successful evaluation of current BIM and Revit computer skills will be a condition of employment
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resumes to:
Charles Williams & Associates, Inc. is looking for talented and enthusiastic licensed Architects or intern architects near completion of IDP/XP to join our practice. Throughout the years CWA, Inc. has provided architectural services for multiple municipalities, school systems, transit system, colleges and universities, medical practices, religious facilities, and an array of private concerns. Our compensation and benefit packages are competitive and commensurate with experience. All interested should submit your resume to: email@example.com
- Minimum 3 years of Architectural experience with a strong document production background.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- Required Software Proficiency: AutoCAD/Revit
- Desired Software Proficiency: SketchUp, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office programs
- Advanced work experience in developing construction documents and generating project specifications.
- Familiarity with current building codes.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adept in time management, problem solving, and working with a team
- Able to conceptualize, plan, and produce documents for construction.
PH&J Architects was founded in 1957 and is highly respected in the construction community; with a reputation for delivering livable, sustainable projects for our clients. Our practice is centered in Alabama with projects ranging from commercial office buildings to K-12 and higher education facilities, workforce development facilities, municipal facilities, courthouses and jails, and emergency operations centers. We strive to provide our clients with solid, affordable solutions, combining technology with proven systems to create thoughtful designs. PH&J places great value on the well being of the members of our firm, resulting in high employee retention rates. Our organizational structure allows motivated individuals to quickly gain responsibility and attain their goals for professional growth.
Project Architect will be an architect registered in Alabama or will have NCARB accreditation with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the design and production of commercial, institutional and/or educational facilities. The candidate must be able to manage a production team, meet schedules, coordinate with consulting engineers and construction administration personnel. Production experience with AutoCad and Revit is required. Competence with visualization and presentation software is desired. The position requires a person with the ability to work in a team environment with a professional bearing and work ethic; and the ability to represent the firm to our clients and the community. This position offers a variety of design challenges that will afford opportunities for professional growth and development. Compensation includes a competitive benefits package with health insurance, 401k, professional membership dues, registration fees, paid vacation and sick leave.
PH&J Architects is an equal opportunity employer seeking professional, socially-conscious individuals to become a valued member of our team.
Person’s interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barry Davis, Architects, P.C. is seeking an Architect with approximately five years of experience for full-time employment in its Hoover, Alabama office. We are a
progressive, growth-oriented firm with diverse portfolio that needs a young professional who would like to be a part of our unique culture. The successful candidate will be proficient with AutoCad, Microsoft, Adobe, and Sketchup software. Skill with Revit is encouraged. Experience with the Federal Government, especially the Department of Veterans Affairs, is desirable. We offer a competitive salary/benefits package. Send resume΄ and supporting documentation to Barry@BarryDavisArchitects.com www.BarryDavisArchitects.com
Barry Davis, Architects, P.C. is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.
Barry Davis, Architects, P.C. is seeking an Intern Architect for full-time employment in its Hoover, Alabama office. We are a progressive, growth-oriented firm with diverse portfolio that needs a young professional who would like to be a part of our unique culture. The successful candidate will have their first professional degree (five-year bachelor or master) and will be proficient with AutoCad, Microsoft, Adobe, and Sketchup software. Skill with Revit is encouraged. We offer a competitive salary/benefits package. Send resume and supporting documentation to Barry@BarryDavisArchitects.com. www.BarryDavisArchitects.com
100 Fold Studio is hiring for summer 2018 internships and 1-year Internships for 2018-2019. 100 Fold Studio is a faith-based, nonprofit architecture firm founded in 2010 in Lakeside, Montana.
View more information about the AmeriCorps and Murdock Charitable Trust architectural internships: 100 Fold Studio Internship Opportunities
Downtown Birmingham design firm seeks qualified Registered Architect applications from talented individuals. A minimum of 8 years project management experience and knowledge of Revit required. Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Williams Blackstock Architects is hiring!
Williams Blackstock Architects is looking for our next talented and energetic team member who is a quick-learner, possess a professional demeanor and is a problem solver to join our team.
Looking for candidates who are self-starters and are eager to learn and be part of a collaborative teamwork environment.
Qualifications of Applying Candidates:
- Licensed Architect must have 5-10 years of experience
- Must be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, sketch up and Adobe Creative Suite
Williams Blackstock Architects, a 42-member design firm located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, Alabama, has been providing inspiring and innovative architectural and interior design solutions for over 20 years. As the largest Architecture firm in Birmingham and the 3rd largest in Alabama, we are proud to serve clients not only in the State, but across the United States. Our firm provides Architectural, Interior Design, Space Programming and Master Planning services and possesses a variety of project design experience in the following markets: healthcare, municipal, government, higher education, institutional, retail, religious, residential, hospitality, mixed-use and recreation.
Williams Blackstock Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire and promote without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by national, state, or local law. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at 205-252-9811.
INTERN ARCHITECT / PROJECT ARCHITECT
Lucy Design Associates is seeking an intern architect or newly registered architect for a full time position in its Homewood, Alabama office. We are a small, efficient and motivated firm providing the highest level of client service and quality design solutions. We have a strong base of loyal clients with a variety of project types to work on and are looking to add to our team. We are committed to training and future growth opportunities for our employees while maintaining an excellent work-life balance.
Other requirements include:
- 2-5 years of experience minimum preferred – we are flexible on experience.
- Strong work ethic and focus on the task at hand. Deadline oriented.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and on a path to licensure.
- Proficient with REVIT software and 3D modeling.
- Experience with photoshop is preferred.
- Microsoft Office and Autocad experience is also preferred.
- Good verbal and written skills.
Interested candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the course of 50 years of practice in Birmingham, Alabama, GA studio has developed a regional reputation for design with an acute grasp of the issues of construction. Through a rigorous, rationalist approach to problem solving, we have produced decades of built work that strengthens our clients, enhances the community and advances the profession.
Our current practice aims to transform construction through a unique methodology which integrates manufacturing into a design-build approach that we call Design Manufacture Construct (DMC). To that end, we have built a highly capable manufacturing facility in Bessemer where we develop, test, and manufacture building components to support our goal of producing the highest quality Architecture that performs twice as well, and at half the cost as traditional delivery methods. This unique approach has extended our well-earned reputation nationally.
We are currently seeking passionate architects with a penchant for detailed problem solving and 1 – 10 years of experience to support our work on a number of exciting projects across the country. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required; strong conceptual, technical, and graphic skills are desired, along with the ability to work in a variety of roles within a quickly evolving practice.
Send your resume/CV and related materials in .pdf format (max. 4 MB) to email@example.com
Registered Architect / Intern Architect / Architectural Draftsman
Lathan Associates Architects, P.C., an architectural firm based in Hoover, Alabama, is seeking resumes for considering full time employment of a Registered Architect / Intern Architect / Architectural Draftsman with experience in educational and commercial architectural design and production.
Qualifications Include – 5+ years’ min. experience. Proficiency in AutoCAD required; Revit skills encouraged. Organizational and Coordination skills, along with a good work ethics and the ability to work and communicate well with others.
Please send resume and cover letter with examples of portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org