AIA Birmingham Emerging Professionals are a large part of our chapter’s success. We plan events and activities geared specifically towards recent graduates, Architectural Experience Program (AXP) participants and young architects. Most importantly, we want YOU to succeed in your career as an up and coming architect.
Have thoughts about site visits, study sessions, or other suggestions to help improve AIA Birmingham’s EP network? Let us know… contact an EP committee member with your ideas.
Wondering where the value is in being an Associate AIA Member? See for yourself….
Total price of Associate Membership – $284 (includes national, state & local)
- AIA administrative help and support
- Job placement assistance / Resume services
- Check out ARE books- FREE for AIA members (with $50 refundable deposit) – $1,300 value (if purchased by you or your firm) – Click here to learn more!
- ARE seminars & trivia nights to help you learn, study and review material
- FREE access to EP chapter activities such as site visits, study groups, resume writing seminars, trade shows and ALL AIA-hosted functions (holiday parties, open house, etc.)
- Associate Member price at all chapter activities
- Continuing education to assist with IDP requirements
- Networking Opportunities
- State AIA provided ARE Structures Seminar
- AIA state convention
National benefits include: https://www.aia.org/pages/21136-become-an-associate-member
- New Graduates Receive Free AIA Membership for Up to 18 Months
- Free AIA National Convention registration
- Dues Payment Plan – Pay your membership over 6 months
- Dues waiver if you are unable to continue your membership due to financial hardship
- Access a range of expertise through a peer network of nearly 88,000 colleagues.
- Signify that as an AIA member you adhere to a professional code of ethics and share a common goal to build better a better world for all people.
- Architecture Experience Program (AXP) assistance, including help finding AXP coordinators and mentors
- Architect Registration Examination® (ARE) study resources and instruction to support you on the path to licensure.
- The Emerging Professional’s Companion, an online resource to gain AXP credit.
- National Associates Committee (NAC) programs, activities, and resources that ensure you have a strong voice within the AIA. You also receive relevant news and announcements by e-mail and social media.
- AIA Transcript to track AIA continuing education provider courses. Associate members and interns can earn AXP Supplemental Experience hours by completing approved AIA continuing education courses. One AIA Learning Unit is equal to one AXP supplemental experience hour.
- AIA Knowledge Communities, up to 25 professional interest groups that help you build a peer network with like-minded colleagues who share your professional interests and aspirations.
- Subscriptions to AIA Architect, e-newsletter covering news, practice, and key trends; ARCHITECT, and the official journal of the AIA.
- AIA Career Center assistance to find internship and professional opportunities.
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology, and more.
Janine Mwenja, Chair – David Baker Architects
Charlie Abram, Past Chair – Birchfield Penuel & Associates
Sharon Hughes – Williams Blackstock Architects
Mary Sanders – Barrett Architecture Studio
Kyle Stover – Williams Blackstock Architects
Suchithra Prabhu – Williams Blackstock Architects
Staff Liason: Katie Parker – email@example.com