Emerging Professionals are a huge part of AIA Birmingham’s success. We plan events and activities geared specifically towards recent graduates, Architectural Experience Program (AXP) participants, & young architects.
Most importantly, we want YOU to succeed in your career as an up-and-coming architect!
Have thoughts about site visits, study sessions, or other suggestions to help improve AIA Birmingham’s Emerging Professionals network? Let us know! Contact a committee member below with your ideas.
Questions about exams? Reach out to our AXP Liaisons on the Emerging Professionals Committee for advice and support!
Emerging Professionals (EP) Committee
Liz Hyatt, Assoc. AIA – Chair, Christopher Architecture & Interiors
Savannah Holt, Assoc. AIA, Past Chair , Fifth Dimension Architecture & Interiors
Kayla Bailey, Assoc. AIA – Co-Chair, Williams Blackstock Architects
Dylan Braziel, Assoc. AIA – Creature
Celia Gannaway, Assoc. AIA – Williams Blackstock Architects
Will Hall – Chambless King Architects
Emily Lopez, Assoc. AIA – Christopher Architecture & Interiors
Katie Wood, Assoc. AIA – ArchitectureWorks
Ashley Askew, Assoc. AIA – KPS Group
Staff Liaison: Anna Ortiz – Karma Management, Inc.
What’s the value in being an Associate AIA Member? Find out for yourself!
Total price of Associate Membership – $292 Including AIA National, AIA Alabama (State) & AIA Birmingham (Local)
- AIA administrative help and support
- Job placement assistance / Resume services
- Check out ARE books- FREE for AIA members (with $50 refundable deposit) – $1,300 value (if purchased by you or your firm) – Click here to learn more!
- Trivia Nights to help you learn, study and review material
- FREE access to Emerging Professionals chapter activities such as site visits, study groups, resume writing seminars, trade shows and ALL AIA-hosted functions (holiday parties, open house, etc.)
- Associate Member price at all chapter activities
- Continuing education to assist with IDP requirements
- Networking Opportunities
- State AIA provided ARE Structures Seminar
- AIA state convention
National benefits include: https://www.aia.org/pages/21136-become-an-associate-member
- New Graduates Receive Free AIA Membership for Up to 18 Months
- Free AIA National Convention registration
- Dues Payment Plan – Pay your membership over 6 months
- Dues waiver if you are unable to continue your membership due to financial hardship
- Access a range of expertise through a peer network of nearly 88,000 colleagues.
- Signify that as an AIA member you adhere to a professional code of ethics and share a common goal to build better a better world for all.
- Architecture Experience Program (AXP) assistance, including help finding AXP coordinators and mentors
- Architect Registration Examination® (ARE) study resources and instruction to support you on the path to licensure.
- The Emerging Professional’s Companion, an online resource to gain AXP credit.
- National Associates Committee (NAC) programs, activities, and resources that ensure you have a strong voice within the AIA.
- Receive relevant news and announcements by e-mail and social media.
- AIA Transcript to track AIA continuing education provider courses.
- Associate members and interns can earn AXP Supplemental Experience hours by completing approved AIA continuing education courses.
- One AIA Learning Unit is equal to one AXP supplemental experience hour.
- AIA Knowledge Communities, up to 25 professional interest groups that help you build a peer network with like-minded colleagues who share your professional interests and aspirations.
- Subscriptions to AIA Architect, e-newsletter covering news, practice, and key trends; ARCHITECT, and the official journal of the AIA.
- AIA Career Center assistance to find internship and professional opportunities.
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology, and more.