- This event has passed.
1 HSW- Hohmann & Barnard Architectural Seminar & Demonstration
September 25, 2014 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday, Sept. 25
Sign in at 11:00 a.m.
Presentation starts at 11:30 a.m.
2567 Ruffner Road
Birmingham, AL 35210
Hohmann & Barnard presents an AIA accredited seminar to discuss the importance of sourcing all materials from a single supplier as well as designating a single contractor to ensure compatibility of all building processes.
- Air/Vapor barrier basics
- Applications – fluid applied vs. sheet applied products
- Permeable vs. Non-permeable
- Using anchoring systems successfully with air & vapor barriers
- Selecting anchors designed to seal the insulation and air barrier during installation
- Using Thermal anchors to reduce heat transfer in the wall cavity for an even more energy efficient building
- Advantages/Disadvantages and compatibility of various flashing materials
- Limiting Mold Problems with Moisture Management Systems
- Air ventilation within the cavity
- Air Barrier application demos will follow the talk
Earn 1 AIA HSW learning credit for attending this one hour presentation, PLUS food will be served during the talk!