Design Awards 2021
The American Institute of Architects, Birmingham Chapter exists to recognize excellence in architectural design by architects. The following awards increase awareness of outstanding architecture and honor architects, clients, consultants, and contractors who work together to improve the built environment:
- Honor Award: Highest level of recognition that AIA Birmingham bestows to firms for projects displaying exemplary design that exceeds the jury criteria
- Merit Award: Presented to a project that meets the jury’s requirements for design excellence
- People’s Choice Award: Chosen through public online voting; projects will be available to view on AIA Birmingham social media platforms
- Citation: May be given for projects which have specific features the jury feels compelled to recognize
- Thursday, April 22: Entry Form & Fees Due
- 1.) Download a Call for Entries to view entry requirements and other details.
- 2.) Enter online with our Google Form OR download a physical entry form to mail in with a check.
- 3.) Pay for entries online OR mail checks to AIA Birmingham at 109 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. S., Birmingham, AL 35233.
- Monday, May 10: Photographs, Firm Logos & PowerPoints Due
- Logos & Six High-Resolution Photos – Can be submitted with your online entry form, Dropbox or Google Drive link emailed to email@example.com, OR delivered to AIA Birmingham office (address above) on a USB drive prior to 5 PM. Preferably, logos should be black/white and square-shaped.
- PowerPoints – Submitted via Dropbox or Google Drive link emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR delivered to AIA Birmingham office (address above) on a USB drive.
- May 2021: Jury Deliberation in Kansas City, MO
Monday, June 14NEW DATE– Thursday, June 10: Project Boards Due
- 20″ by 30″ foam core board featuring firm name/logo, project title, owner, consultants, brief project description, and photos. This will be used for marketing and in our People’s Choice Exhibition. Winning projects will be on exhibit at the Alabama Center for Architecture (ACFA) at 109 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. S., Birmingham, AL 35233 during Summer/Fall 2021.
- Deliver to AIA Birmingham office (address above) by 5 PM
- Monday, June 14-27: Project Boards on Exhibit at The Pizitz Food Hall
- Thursday, July 15, 6 PM: Design Awards Ceremony at Regions Field
- Registration Includes: Ticket to ballgame, dinner, and 2 drink tickets
- Register online here! Firms are invited to purchase tables.