COVID-19 Resources for Emerging Professionals
Free Webinar from Architect Exam Prep: Everything You Need to Know about the Case Studies in the ARE – May 2, 2020, 11 AM CT
Register Here! ______
Free month of ArchiPrep! – Offer Valid April 1-30, 2020
COVID-19 is changing everything, and AIA National wants to help. Take some time to study for free on us. Use promo code FREEMONTH to get one month for free. No credit card required. ______
ARE & Prometric Testing Update – April 20, 2020
As follow-up to our previous message, Prometric plans to resume testing operations in their U.S. locations effective May 1, 2020, if they can do so in compliance with local directives and regulations. Upon reopening, Prometric will implement several new or enhanced processes designed to safeguard the health and well-being of everyone at the center. This will result in Prometric randomly selecting and canceling 50 percent of all currently scheduled May and June appointments to maintain social distancing standards upon reopening. Attached are two messages that were sent to exam takers today depending on which testing category they fall into. ______
Navigate the AXP During the Coronavirus Outbreak:
Tips for Getting Experience During COVID-19
- Your Experience Won’t Expire: All experience submitted to (and ultimately approved by) your AXP supervisor will not expire. Once you’ve submitted your experience, the reporting requirement is no longer a concern, even if your supervisor takes a bit longer to approve your report.
- Only Submit Reports When There is Experience to Report: You are not required to continuously submit experience reports if you have no experience to report. However, you can always take advantage of our “Other Experience Opportunities” category under Setting O to continue making AXP progress while not employed.
- Remote Work Qualifies for AXP: As long as your supervisor has control over and knowledge of your work, you can still submit experience gained while working remotely and have it approved. If you work remotely, we recommend having more frequent check-ins with your supervisor.
- Report in Shorter Time Frames: When meeting with your supervisor, take some time to discuss how often you should be reporting your experience. We typically recommend submitting experience in shorter time frames, such as every two weeks.
- Reporting Requirement Extensions: If you’re experiencing extenuating life circumstances, you may qualify for a reasonable extension to the two-month filing period. To request an extension, you’ll need to contact NCARB and be able to provide the appropriate documentation to qualify.
- Explore AXP Resources: There are many free resources and tools on the NCARB site for you to explore that will help you successfully complete the AXP, including the AXP Guidelines, our AXP Candidate and Supervisor Expectations guide, blog articles, and webinars. ______
Student Loan Debt Relief Provisions in the CARES Act – April 2020 ______
Prometric Testing Update from NCARB – March 23, 2020
NCARB and Prometric have developed a process to resolve rescheduling delays for ARE candidates. ______
Federal Student Aid: Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Borrowers, and Parents – March 2020 ______
ArchiPREP – March 2020
AIA will be offering a special promotion for access to ArchiPrep for those Associate AIA members on the path to licensure to ensure they have access to ARE study content during this uncertain time. The details and a formal announcement will be coming soon. ______