For more job listings, visit the AIA Career Center.
The University of Alabama is currently seeking an Assistant University Architect. The Assistant University Architect serves as architectural advisor in the design of The University’s physical environment and the formulation of requirements for structures to be built or renovations to be made. Manages University drawing review process. Coordinates and updates the maintenance of University architectural drawings and specifications. Maintains an active liaison with design professionals and members of construction industry in order to advise University officials of trends and/or ongoing efforts that could affect the design and/or construction process. Develops and Maintains guidelines for exterior and interior architectural materials and design, and developing and maintaining standards for University construction.
Application deadline 01/29/2018. Visit UA’s employment website at jobs.ua.edu for more information and to apply. The University of Alabama is an equal-opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.
Barry Davis, Architects, P.C. is seeking an Architect with approximately five years of experience for full-time employment in its Hoover, Alabama office. We are a
progressive, growth-oriented firm with diverse portfolio that needs a young professional who would like to be a part of our unique culture. The successful candidate will be proficient with AutoCad, Microsoft, Adobe, and Sketchup software. Skill with Revit is encouraged. Experience with the Federal Government, especially the Department of Veterans Affairs, is desirable. We offer a competitive salary/benefits package. Send resume΄ and supporting documentation to Barry@BarryDavisArchitects.com www.BarryDavisArchitects.com
Barry Davis, Architects, P.C. is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.
Barry Davis, Architects, P.C. is seeking an Intern Architect for full-time employment in its Hoover, Alabama office. We are a progressive, growth-oriented firm with diverse portfolio that needs a young professional who would like to be a part of our unique culture. The successful candidate will have their first professional degree (five-year bachelor or master) and will be proficient with AutoCad, Microsoft, Adobe, and Sketchup software. Skill with Revit is encouraged. We offer a competitive salary/benefits package. Send resume and supporting documentation to Barry@BarryDavisArchitects.com. www.BarryDavisArchitects.com
100 Fold Studio is hiring for summer 2018 internships and 1-year Internships for 2018-2019. 100 Fold Studio is a faith-based, nonprofit architecture firm founded in 2010 in Lakeside, Montana.
View more information about the AmeriCorps and Murdock Charitable Trust architectural internships: 100 Fold Studio Internship Opportunities
Project Architect – BDG Architects – Birmingham
BDG Architects has an immediate need for a qualified candidate for a Project Architect with a minimum of 10 years of experience and licensed to practice architecture within an NCARB jurisdiction of the United States to join our team in our downtown Birmingham, Alabama office. The applicant will manage a large corporate client’s on-going work in the Southeast, Midwest and Texas. It is preferred that the applicant have retail ground-up and renovation experience.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Be responsible for project management to ensure projects are completed on time, are within budget, of high quality and fulfill client expectations.
- Maintain communication with the project team, the Principal-in-Charge and operations management.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Coordinate project budgets and schedules.
- Assist in preparation of fee proposals and agreements with the owner and consultants.
- Manage and oversee work of project team and provide direction and organization.
- Ensure project delivery and quality from programming through project closeout.
- Coordinate monthly billing with accounting department.
- Act as primary client contact for specific projects, ensure client development and satisfaction and assist to secure ongoing work.
- Supervise and support design staff, conduct reviews and assist in establishing training activities.
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various architectural projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings and review production drawings and specifications.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in an architectural office is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational and time management capability.
- Excel in collaboration and team building.
- Strategic thinking to address issues and new concepts in design, production of documents, and development of detailing
- Demonstrated ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preferred proficiency in software applications including AutoCAD Architecture, Microsoft Office and Revit.
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package including options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance and the ability to participate in a 401K program. We also offer paid holidays and paid vacation time off. If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm please should submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email to Resumes@BDGLLP.com. Please, no phone calls.
BDG Architects (www.bdgllp.com) is a full service architecture and design firm headquartered in Tampa, Florida and its Southeast Regional office in Birmingham, Alabama with over 20 years of experience throughout the United States. We have built our reputation as being on the leading edge of our industry through design excellence, building lasting relationships, and delivering high value to our clients. BDG understands that each client has a unique set of business strategies, which we focus our services to support, creating a true partnership. Our projects are extremely diverse in terms of project type, design styles, practice areas and scale. Additional information about the firm can be found at www.BDGLLP.com.
INTERN ARCHITECT / PROJECT ARCHITECT
Herrington Architects is seeking a highly motivated team member who is passionate about design and energized through collaboration! We are searching for professional degree graduates interested in diverse projects to join us as an Intern Architect or Project Architect!
Our new team member must be design-oriented, detail-oriented, focused, and flexible. He/she must manage multiple priorities well, be eager to learn and eager to apply knowledge through creative problem solving. He/she must possess a strong work ethic and exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
Candidates must have a professional architectural degree and must be pursuing licensure. Two years experience in an architectural firm is preferred. An excellent working knowledge of Autodesk Revit and AutoCad is required. A strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Candidates will be evaluated based on their proven experience, talent, and ability to enhance our firm’s collegial culture.
Herrington Architects will provide our new Intern Architect / Project Architect with team-oriented opportunities to contribute toward excellent design and exceptional client service. Proven ability will lead to increased responsibilities, including personal collaboration with consultants and client contact. Expect to be encouraged in your professional development and growth. Expect to grow in your knowledge, insight, and abilities as an aspiring architect. Expect to be challenged!
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Digital portfolios are appreciated. Please submit 3 to 5 examples of your work in a single 5mb (maximum) file.
Herrington Architects is seeking a highly motivated team member who is passionate about design and energized through collaboration! We are searching for professional degree graduates interested in diverse projects to join us as a Project Coordinator!
Our new team member must be design-oriented, detail-oriented, focused, and flexible. He/she must manage multiple priorities well, be eager to learn and eager to apply knowledge through creative problem solving. He/she must possess a strong work ethic and exceptional written/verbal communication skills, and must be experienced in collaboration with consultants and clients.
Candidates must have a professional architectural degree and must be pursuing licensure. A minimum of 3 years experience is required; a 3 to 7 year work history with progressive responsibility for leading design teams and client/community contact is preferred. Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD is required; a broad working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Candidates must have extensive experience in successfully guiding / coordinating an A/E team in the production and implementation of projects for high quality public/institutional and private developer clients. Experience in construction administration services is also required. Candidates will be evaluated based on their proven experience, talent, and ability to enhance our firm’s collegial culture.
Herrington Architects will provide our new Project Coordinator with team-oriented opportunities to contribute toward excellent design and exceptional client service. Proven ability will lead to increased responsibilities. Expect to be encouraged in your professional development and growth. Expect to grow in your knowledge, insight, and abilities as an aspiring architect. Expect to be challenged!
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Digital portfolios are appreciated – please submit 3 to 5 examples of your work in a single 5mb maximum file
About Herrington Architects: Located in the heart of Birmingham (AL), Herrington Architects is a regional leader in design of multi-family, municipal, and institutional buildings. We challenge ourselves to truly listen to our clients and offer thoughtful, responsive, and creative design solutions. Our growing firm is inspired by the opportunities in our city and by the new developments in our neighborhood. Please visit us at www.herringtonarchitects.com.
Downtown Birmingham design firm seeks qualified Registered Architect applications from talented individuals. A minimum of 8 years project management experience and knowledge of Revit required. Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is seeking a Project Manager – Architecture for its full-service Architecture/Engineering office in Birmingham. We are a global firm of over 500 employees, with diverse clients in industrial, commercial, educational and healthcare markets. Come be a part of our exciting growth in the Southeast!
The Project Manager – Architecture will assist in the development of the design work; lead in the production of technical drawings and specifications; coordinate the related work of the other disciplines; and assume in-house construction administration duties on projects of moderate size and complexity.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering with 10+ years of related architecture experience. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Project and ProjectWise is also preferred.
Please see the complete job posting on our Careers Portal at http://www.ghafari.com/join-the-team
Come work where talent thrives!
CCR Architecture & Interiors (Cohen Carnaggio Reynolds) is a Birmingham, AL based Architectural and Interior Design firm that has been providing design services since 1996. Our projects range from commercial office buildings, health care projects, ecclesiastical buildings, mixed use developments, retail developments, educational facilities, renovations of historic structures, multi-family developments, to custom residences. At Cohen Carnaggio Reynolds, we are committed to quality designs and innovative projects for our clients. While winning design awards is a nice validation of our design talents; achieving our client’s vision is our most important goal.
We are considering candidates for the following positions:
Technical Architect / Project Manager
4 – 10 years of experience.
Other requirements include:
- Self-motivated, organized, very detail oriented
- Strong technical ability and understanding of building technologies
- Extensive experience with the assembly of construction documents and specifications is required
- Working understanding of building codes and zoning ordinances
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Revit experience is preferred
- Skills in 3D rendering software, SketchUp and Photoshop are preferred but not required.
Send resume and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Williams Blackstock Architects is hiring!
Williams Blackstock Architects is looking for our next talented and energetic team member who is a quick-learner, possess a professional demeanor and is a problem solver to join our team.
Looking for candidates who are self-starters and are eager to learn and be part of a collaborative teamwork environment.
Qualifications of Applying Candidates:
- Licensed Architect must have 5-10 years of experience
- Must be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, sketch up and Adobe Creative Suite
Williams Blackstock Architects, a 42-member design firm located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, Alabama, has been providing inspiring and innovative architectural and interior design solutions for over 20 years. As the largest Architecture firm in Birmingham and the 3rd largest in Alabama, we are proud to serve clients not only in the State, but across the United States. Our firm provides Architectural, Interior Design, Space Programming and Master Planning services and possesses a variety of project design experience in the following markets: healthcare, municipal, government, higher education, institutional, retail, religious, residential, hospitality, mixed-use and recreation.
Williams Blackstock Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire and promote without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by national, state, or local law. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at 205-252-9811.
Contract Architect Position
Taylor Plosser Davis, AIA is seeking a contract architect (with possible part/full time opportunities) to support design and production work on an array of single family residential projects in the Birmingham area, including new construction, renovations, and additions. Candidates with a degree from an accredited architecture program should have a minimum of three to five years experience in residential architecture and design, including knowledge of residential construction techniques and building codes. Proficiency in Autocad is required, and the ability to work in Revit is a plus. Applicants should have a flexible schedule and the ability to work independently outside the office, as well as the capacity to attend weekly coordination meetings in person. Compensation is negotiable. For more information, see www.tpdarchitect.com or contact Taylor Davis at email@example.com
INTERN ARCHITECT / PROJECT ARCHITECT
Lucy Design Associates is seeking an intern architect or newly registered architect for a full time position in its Homewood, Alabama office. We are a small, efficient and motivated firm providing the highest level of client service and quality design solutions. We have a strong base of loyal clients with a variety of project types to work on and are looking to add to our team. We are committed to training and future growth opportunities for our employees while maintaining an excellent work-life balance.
Other requirements include:
- 2-5 years of experience minimum preferred – we are flexible on experience.
- Strong work ethic and focus on the task at hand. Deadline oriented.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and on a path to licensure.
- Proficient with REVIT software and 3D modeling.
- Experience with photoshop is preferred.
- Microsoft Office and Autocad experience is also preferred.
- Good verbal and written skills.
Interested candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KPS Group is seeking a Project Architect with significant experience in both design and production to join our Huntsville team. KPS Group works on a wide variety of project types across the public and private sectors including workplace, education, aviation, hospitality, and civic/cultural projects; and is one of the largest design firms in Alabama.
THE PROJECT ARCHITECT:
- Takes a leadership and/or support role on projects, from concepts through construction administration, assuring the integrity of design intent through project completion
- Provides direction to sub-consultants and monitors their performance
- Coordinates all aspects of project documentation and technical information within the project team and externally with clients, vendors, and other design professionals
- Interacts with clients during meetings and design presentations, and
- Is responsible for the accuracy and quality of all technical work on the project
- Minimum 5 years experience at an architectural firm, designing and producing construction documents for medium-to-large scale, fast-paced projects, from conception through completion
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Revit software to produce design and construction documents
- Practical experience applying an in-depth knowledge of building technologies and materials
- LEED Accreditation (preferred or required within 6 months of hire)
- Professional degree in Architecture / License strongly preferred
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- You love what you do and you love to do it well
- You’re ready to get your hands on with all aspects of the job
- You have exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box and offer multiple solutions
- You’re able to foresee and identify the needs of the team and the client
- You take an innovative and creative approach to any issues that arise
- You’re able to adjust course when the need arises
- You build trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input
- You’re open to new and innovative solutions
- You love working with people!
- You’re an effective presenter, both internally and to the client
- You communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- At the end of the day, your biggest reward is a happy client
- You display the core values of integrity and transparency
- You take pride in doing what you say you’re going to do
- You have a strong work ethic and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
All interested and qualified candidates, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Junior Interior Designer
KPS Group in Birmingham is seeking an Entry Level Designer who is in turn seeking the next challenge in their careers. The desired candidate must have a desire to learn and grow a keen interest in design at all levels, good communication skills, a commitment to sustainability
and technology savvy with an enthusiasm for collaboration. Our book continues to grow rapidly and the caliber of project work demands a full team of seriously-talented designers who can take on a whole range of unique design challenges.
Our office is an old bakery located on Railroad Park within easy walking distance of downtown living, restaurants, trails and sports. We are inter-disciplinary with architecture, interior design, planning and urban design in our studio. The work is broad in building type and clientele and the firm is embarking on its second 50 years. Salary and benefits are competitive.
- 2-4 years work experience
- Hands on CADD and Revit experience required
- Candidate should be experienced in space planning and construction documents
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Participate in projects from programming through construction
- Coordination with project consultants as necessary
- Produce project documentation and research technical information
- Interaction with the project team and externally with clients, vendors and other design professionals
- Assist with the selection and specification of finishes and furniture
- Assist with maintaining the office interiors library, meet with sales reps and source new materials
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of responsibility; results oriented with a built-in sense of urgency
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative and team environment
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to do what it takes to complete an assignment
- High integrity, open, honest and ethical in all interactions
Strong salary and benefits package, including 401(k), and profit sharing, medical insurance, and a stock ownership plan.
Contact or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the course of 50 years of practice in Birmingham, Alabama, GA studio has developed a regional reputation for design with an acute grasp of the issues of construction. Through a rigorous, rationalist approach to problem solving, we have produced decades of built work that strengthens our clients, enhances the community and advances the profession.
Our current practice aims to transform construction through a unique methodology which integrates manufacturing into a design-build approach that we call Design Manufacture Construct (DMC). To that end, we have built a highly capable manufacturing facility in Bessemer where we develop, test, and manufacture building components to support our goal of producing the highest quality Architecture that performs twice as well, and at half the cost as traditional delivery methods. This unique approach has extended our well-earned reputation nationally.
We are currently seeking passionate architects with a penchant for detailed problem solving and 1 – 10 years of experience to support our work on a number of exciting projects across the country. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required; strong conceptual, technical, and graphic skills are desired, along with the ability to work in a variety of roles within a quickly evolving practice.
Send your resume/CV and related materials in .pdf format (max. 4 MB) to email@example.com
Registered Architect / Intern Architect / Architectural Draftsman
Lathan Associates Architects, P.C., an architectural firm based in Hoover, Alabama, is seeking resumes for considering full time employment of a Registered Architect / Intern Architect / Architectural Draftsman with experience in educational and commercial architectural design and production.
Qualifications Include – 5+ years’ min. experience. Proficiency in AutoCAD required; Revit skills encouraged. Organizational and Coordination skills, along with a good work ethics and the ability to work and communicate well with others.
Please send resume and cover letter with examples of portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org