For more job listings, visit the AIA Career Center.
Herrington Architects is seeking a highly motivated team member who is passionate about design and energized through collaboration! We are searching for professional degree graduates interested in diverse projects to join us as a Project Coordinator!
Our new team member must be design-oriented, detail-oriented, focused, and flexible. He/she must manage multiple priorities well, be eager to learn and eager to apply knowledge through creative problem solving. He/she must possess a strong work ethic and exceptional written/verbal communication skills, and must be experienced in collaboration with consultants and clients.
Candidates must have a professional architectural degree and must be pursuing licensure. A minimum of 3 years experience is required; a 3 to 7 year work history with progressive responsibility for leading design teams and client/community contact is preferred. Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD is required; a broad working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Candidates must have extensive experience in successfully guiding / coordinating an A/E team in the production and implementation of projects for high quality public/institutional and private developer clients. Experience in construction administration services is also required. Candidates will be evaluated based on their proven experience, talent, and ability to enhance our firm’s collegial culture.
Herrington Architects will provide our new Project Coordinator with team-oriented opportunities to contribute toward excellent design and exceptional client service. Proven ability will lead to increased responsibilities. Expect to be encouraged in your professional development and growth. Expect to grow in your knowledge, insight, and abilities as an aspiring architect. Expect to be challenged!
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Digital portfolios are appreciated – please submit 3 to 5 examples of your work in a single 5mb maximum file
About Herrington Architects: Located in the heart of Birmingham (AL), Herrington Architects is a regional leader in design of multi-family, municipal, and institutional buildings. We challenge ourselves to truly listen to our clients and offer thoughtful, responsive, and creative design solutions. Our growing firm is inspired by the opportunities in our city and by the new developments in our neighborhood. Please visit us at www.herringtonarchitects.com.
Fifth Dimension is Hiring for Several Positions!
Fifth Dimension Architecture & Interiors is growing in a variety of markets with projects across the country and seeking new candidates interested in several positions for both our Birmingham, AL office as well as our Austin, TX office.
We are looking for talented and creative individuals with experience in a variety of project types and with varying years of experience.
The ideal candidates are committed to embracing the future of architecture through the continuous evolution of design and technology. They will have a passion for working in a fully integrated BIM environment and anxious to surround themselves with other likeminded and talented professionals.
At Fifth Dimension, we are focusing on a holistic approach to creative design solutions while harnessing revolutionary tools and concepts that will provide long term benefits to the entire project team. Our extensive expertise in creative and collaborative BIM modeling along with a new dimension of architectural visualization allows our team to enhance the work flow and relationships between architect, client and contractor.
This is a great opportunity to be fully immersed in all aspects of the Design and Construction process. At Fifth Dimension, we believe each member of our team should have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of a project and carry their designs through from start to finish. As a team member, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple project types including, restaurants, breweries, hotels, offices, apartments, condominiums, churches, retail and mixed-use developments, custom homes and many more!
For more information about the firm, visit our website at www.5da-i.com
HOW TO APPLY
Email your contact information, portfolio (if available), resume and a short description of your interest in the position to email@example.com
KPS Group is seeking a Project Architect with significant experience in both design and production to join our Huntsville team. KPS Group works on a wide variety of project types across the public and private sectors including workplace, education, aviation, hospitality, and civic/cultural projects; and is one of the largest design firms in Alabama.
THE PROJECT ARCHITECT:
- Takes a leadership and/or support role on projects, from concepts through construction administration, assuring the integrity of design intent through project completion
- Provides direction to sub-consultants and monitors their performance
- Coordinates all aspects of project documentation and technical information within the project team and externally with clients, vendors, and other design professionals
- Interacts with clients during meetings and design presentations, and
- Is responsible for the accuracy and quality of all technical work on the project
- Minimum 5 years experience at an architectural firm, designing and producing construction documents for medium-to-large scale, fast-paced projects, from conception through completion
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Revit software to produce design and construction documents
- Practical experience applying an in-depth knowledge of building technologies and materials
- LEED Accreditation (preferred or required within 6 months of hire)
- Professional degree in Architecture / License strongly preferred
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- You love what you do and you love to do it well
- You’re ready to get your hands on with all aspects of the job
- You have exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box and offer multiple solutions
- You’re able to foresee and identify the needs of the team and the client
- You take an innovative and creative approach to any issues that arise
- You’re able to adjust course when the need arises
- You build trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input
- You’re open to new and innovative solutions
- You love working with people!
- You’re an effective presenter, both internally and to the client
- You communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- At the end of the day, your biggest reward is a happy client
- You display the core values of integrity and transparency
- You take pride in doing what you say you’re going to do
- You have a strong work ethic and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
All interested and qualified candidates, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downtown Birmingham design firm seeks qualified Registered Architect applications from talented individuals. A minimum of 8 years project management experience and knowledge of Revit required. Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Beard + Riser Architects is hiring driven and focused individuals to assist with projects from early schematics through construction.
Our location provides a family-friendly atmosphere away from the grind of large city life, but is conveniently located midway between Memphis and Jackson, Mississippi. Greenwood is a city of approximately 16,000 in the heart of the Mississippi Delta, an authentic area that is home to the blues, great food and good people. We have recently expanded to include an office in Oxford, Mississippi.
Each of our projects offers a chance for design exploration and an attention to craft. Our studio atmosphere presents opportunity and rewards responsibility. We encourage the input of all team members and provide our staff with mentoring to develop within their career path.
Our firm culture is professional, creative, and focused on producing well-designed work that betters our region. Our working environment reflects the high quality of life available in a small town atmosphere. We value community engagement and expect all staff to contribute to improving the quality of life of our area, both from an architectural and social impact standpoint.
We have an opening for the right person to join our Greenwood team. Candidates must exhibit abilities with AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Photoshop, with excellent design ability and rendering skills. An accredited degree in Architecture and minimum 3 years of relevant experience is required.
We offer highly competitive salaries commensurable with experience. To be considered, submit a resume, portfolio and three work references in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls accepted.
Beard + Riser is an architectural firm serving design-and-cost-conscious clients who require problem solving and a high level of personal service. B+R’s principals direct our clients’ projects from beginning to end. Our responsive local access to high quality design and construction oversight results in a better process, fewer unknowns, outstanding solutions, and an experience you can trust.
We solve challenges using design skill and innovative problem solving.
Our clients come first. We design for their needs, not our egos. We live here.
We are reliable partners, delivering innovative solutions using experience and skill.
Architectural Designer – David Baker Architects, Birmingham, AL
+/- 3 years experience
Headquartered in San Francisco, David Baker Architects (DBA) is a progressive architecture firm that creates acclaimed buildings in urban environments. We design thoughtful places that allow communities to thrive and that serve as a multiplier of good—that enable or support further engagement, connection, or community benefit. You can learn more about us and our work at www.dbarchitect.com. Principal Amanda Loper is establishing DBA’s satellite office in Birmingham, Alabama, and will be working closely with this position on new regional projects as well as projects already in the current DBA workflow. We are seeking a talented designer with an interest in multi-family housing design and sustainable design, strong graphics skills, and a working knowledge of Revit. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 10 paid holidays as well as 15 days of paid leave; our 401(k) program; a profit-sharing plan; transit incentives; and 100%-paid individual medical coverage.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send an email following these instructions:
Subject Line: Designer—DBA-BAM
Attention: Amanda Loper
Attachment: Please combine the following documents into a single PDF with a maximum size of 3MB, formatted to print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper (landscape or portrait).
- Cover letter
3. Work samples.
File name: LastName_FirstName_DBA-BAM_Date.pdf
INTERN ARCHITECT / PROJECT ARCHITECT
Lucy Design Associates is seeking an intern architect or newly registered architect for a full time position in its Homewood, Alabama office. We are a small, efficient and motivated firm providing the highest level of client service and quality design solutions. We have a strong base of loyal clients with a variety of project types to work on and are looking to add to our team. We are committed to training and future growth opportunities for our employees while maintaining an excellent work-life balance.
Other requirements include:
- 2-5 years of experience minimum preferred – we are flexible on experience.
- Strong work ethic and focus on the task at hand. Deadline oriented.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and on a path to licensure.
- Proficient with REVIT software and 3D modeling.
- Experience with photoshop is preferred.
- Microsoft Office and Autocad experience is also preferred.
- Good verbal and written skills.
Interested candidates should forward a resume to email@example.com
CCR Architecture & Interiors (Cohen Carnaggio Reynolds) is a Birmingham, AL based Architectural and Interior Design firm that has been providing design services since 1996. Our projects range from commercial office buildings, health care projects, ecclesiastical buildings, mixed use developments, retail developments, educational facilities, renovations of historic structures, multi-family developments, to custom residences. At Cohen Carnaggio Reynolds, we are committed to quality designs and innovative projects for our clients. While winning design awards is a nice validation of our design talents; achieving our client’s vision is our most important goal.
We are considering candidates for the following positions:
Technical Architect / Project Manager
4 – 10 years of experience.
Other requirements include:
- Self-motivated, organized, very detail oriented
- Strong technical ability and understanding of building technologies
- Extensive experience with the assembly of construction documents and specifications is required
- Working understanding of building codes and zoning ordinances
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Revit experience is preferred
- Skills in 3D rendering software, SketchUp and Photoshop are preferred but not required.
Send resume and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barry Davis, Architects, P.C. is seeking an Intern Architect for full-time employment in its Hoover, Alabama office. We are a progressive, growth-oriented firm with diverse portfolio that needs a young professional who would like to be a part of our unique culture. The successful candidate will have their first professional degree (five-year bachelor or master) and will be proficient with AutoCad, Microsoft, Adobe, and Sketchup software. Skill with Revit is encouraged. We offer a competitive salary/benefits package. Send resume and supporting documentation to Barry@BarryDavisArchitects.com. www.BarryDavisArchitects.com
LIVE Design Group is hiring! We are looking for an Architect that is passionate about Revit, committed to innovation and collaboration, and believes, as we do, that Revit is the collaboration tool of the future!
Our firm, LIVE Design Group, is changing the way architecture is created and delivered. As our name suggest, we design our projects LIVE with real-time input from the clients. We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive architect with 2-5 years of experience to grow our team.
We are a flexible and user friendly firm with a variety of opportunities for growth related to the architecture, design, and project management of various project type such as theatre, worship, commercial, and multifamily.
If you believe, like we do, that there’s a better way – we’d love to meet you! Please send your resume to email@example.com
Registered Architect / Intern Architect / Architectural Draftsman
Lathan Associates Architects, P.C., an architectural firm based in Hoover, Alabama, is seeking resumes for considering full time employment of a Registered Architect / Intern Architect / Architectural Draftsman with experience in educational and commercial architectural design and production.
Qualifications Include – 5+ years’ min. experience. Proficiency in AutoCAD required; Revit skills encouraged. Organizational and Coordination skills, along with a good work ethics and the ability to work and communicate well with others.
Please send resume and cover letter with examples of portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Williams Blackstock Architects is hiring!
Williams Blackstock Architects is looking for our next talented and energetic team member who is a quick-learner, possess a professional demeanor and is a problem solver to join our team.
Looking for candidates who are self-starters and are eager to learn and be part of a collaborative teamwork environment.
Qualifications of Applying Candidates:
- Licensed Architect must have 5-10 years of healthcare experience
- Must be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, sketch up and Adobe Creative Suite
Williams Blackstock Architects, a 42-member design firm located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, Alabama, has been providing inspiring and innovative architectural and interior design solutions for over 20 years. As the largest Architecture firm in Birmingham and the 3rd largest in Alabama, we are proud to serve clients not only in the State, but across the United States. Our firm provides Architectural, Interior Design, Space Programming and Master Planning services and possesses a variety of project design experience in the following markets: healthcare, municipal, government, higher education, institutional, retail, religious, residential, hospitality, mixed-use and recreation.
Williams Blackstock Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire and promote without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by national, state, or local law. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at 205-252-9811.
Designform is seeking a motivated Architectural Intern to work collaboratively in a team environment, performing design and technical production of documents through all phases of architecture. This role includes coordinating with the project team, clients, and regulatory agencies.
1. Prepares and modifies architectural documents at the direction of the project designer or more senior design professional, ensuring alignment with design …intent and firm standards.
2. Develops solutions to technical and design problems
3. Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with material selection and system research
4. May assist team in the construction administration phase
5. Fosters a commitment to design excellence and client service
1. Proficiency in Design, Problem Solving, Sustainable Design and emerging computer technologies
2. Technical proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
3. Proficiency in MS Office
4. Experience with Photoshop and SketchUp preferred
5. Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
6. Good verbal and written communication skills
7. Ability to effectively meet deadlines
Interested candidates should forward a resume and work samples to email@example.com
In the course of 50 years of practice in Birmingham, Alabama, GA studio has developed a regional reputation for design with an acute grasp of the issues of construction. Through a rigorous, rationalist approach to problem solving, we have produced decades of built work that strengthens our clients, enhances the community and advances the profession.
Our current practice aims to transform construction through a unique methodology which integrates manufacturing into a design-build approach that we call Design Manufacture Construct (DMC). To that end, we have built a highly capable manufacturing facility in Bessemer where we develop, test, and manufacture building components to support our goal of producing the highest quality Architecture that performs twice as well, and at half the cost as traditional delivery methods. This unique approach has extended our well-earned reputation nationally.
We are currently seeking passionate architects with a penchant for detailed problem solving and 1 – 10 years of experience to support our work on a number of exciting projects across the country. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required; strong conceptual, technical, and graphic skills are desired, along with the ability to work in a variety of roles within a quickly evolving practice.
Send your resume/CV and related materials in .pdf format (max. 4 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
TurnerBatson Architects – Birmingham, AL.
TurnerBatson is a 26-person full-service Architectural & Interior Design Firm in Birmingham specializing in architecture, planning and design. Great work ethic and positive attitude are required. BIM and Sketch-up proficiency are preferred.
Interested candidates please email your resume to MStewart@turnerbatson.com
Ghafari Associates, LLC is seeking a Project Manager – Architecture for its full-service Architecture/Engineering office in Birmingham. We are a global firm of over 500 employees, with diverse clients in industrial, commercial, educational and healthcare markets. Come be a part of our exciting growth in the Southeast!
The Project Manager – Architecture will assist in the development of the design work; lead in the production of technical drawings and specifications; coordinate the related work of the other disciplines; and assume in-house construction administration duties on projects of moderate size and complexity.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering with 10+ years of related architecture experience. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Project and ProjectWise is also preferred.
Please see the complete job posting on our Careers Portal at http://www.ghafari.com/join-the-team
Come work where talent thrives!
Junior Interior Designer
KPS Group in Birmingham is seeking an Entry Level Designer who is in turn seeking the next challenge in their careers. The desired candidate must have a desire to learn and grow a keen interest in design at all levels, good communication skills, a commitment to sustainability
and technology savvy with an enthusiasm for collaboration. Our book continues to grow rapidly and the caliber of project work demands a full team of seriously-talented designers who can take on a whole range of unique design challenges.
Our office is an old bakery located on Railroad Park within easy walking distance of downtown living, restaurants, trails and sports. We are inter-disciplinary with architecture, interior design, planning and urban design in our studio. The work is broad in building type and clientele and the firm is embarking on its second 50 years. Salary and benefits are competitive.
- 2-4 years work experience
- Hands on CADD and Revit experience required
- Candidate should be experienced in space planning and construction documents
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Participate in projects from programming through construction
- Coordination with project consultants as necessary
- Produce project documentation and research technical information
- Interaction with the project team and externally with clients, vendors and other design professionals
- Assist with the selection and specification of finishes and furniture
- Assist with maintaining the office interiors library, meet with sales reps and source new materials
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of responsibility; results oriented with a built-in sense of urgency
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative and team environment
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to do what it takes to complete an assignment
- High integrity, open, honest and ethical in all interactions
Strong salary and benefits package, including 401(k), and profit sharing, medical insurance, and a stock ownership plan.
Contact or send resume to: Kristen Townsend / KPS Group, Inc. / 60 14th Street South Suite 100 / Birmingham, AL 35233 / email@example.com
Nequette Architecture & Design is hiring for several positions:
SENIOR DESIGNER / PROJECT MANAGER
Residential and mixed-use design firm looking for experienced senior project designer & architect with experience in a variety of project types. Designer’s role will include schematic design, client management, project management, production and coordination of custom residential, multi-family, and small scale commercial projects.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a bachelors degree from an accredited Architecture program
• Must have 7+ years of experience in both schematic design and overall project management
• Must be able to passionately lead and guide the design and production of projects (at both a detail and masterplan level)
• Proficiency in AutoCad and “preferred” Revit, (basic knowledge of the following: Sketchup, Photoshop, Excel, and Word)
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
Residential and mixed-use design firm looking for experienced senior interior designer with experience in a variety of project types. Designer’s role will include participation in commercial, multi-family, custom residential, interior décor and specialty fixture design and coordination.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a bachelors degree from an accredited Interior Architecture program
• Should have 5 to 7 years of experience in interior design
• Must be able to lead and guide the design and production of projects; including but not limited to the following: (client interaction, inspiration imaging, interior detailing, production of interior elevations, and finish/fixture selections)
• Proficiency in AutoCad, (basic knowledge of the following: Excel and Word)
ENTRY LEVEL INTERN ARCHITECT
We are a residential and mixed-use design firm seeking an entry level, intern architect that is design oriented, hardworking, motivated, and has a passion for architecture.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a bachelors degree from an accredited Architecture program
• Should have 0-2 years of experience
• Proficiency in AutoCad, (basic knowledge of the following: Sketchup, Photopshop, and Word)
Fuqua & Partners Architects, located in Huntsville, Alabama, has immediate positions available for architects and/or architecture graduates. FPA was established in 1982 and since then has become a leading firm in North Alabama and throughout the southeast United States. We are passionate about providing outstanding service to our clients through quality design balanced a common sense approach to construction. We are seeking someone to move to Huntsville to enjoy the fastest growing city in Alabama. With new restaurants and breweries opening what seems like almost daily, our city is quickly becoming the best kept secret in Alabama. Huntsville’s quality of life is second to none with excellent schools, low commute times, and a low cost of living coupled with endless recreational opportunities. This is an exciting time to be in Huntsville, and it’s especially exciting if you are an architect. With the city recently releasing an updated master plan and a renewed focus on the redevelopment of downtown, there are many new opportunities for architects to help shape our city for the future. FPA is able to provide these opportunities all while allowing for a healthy work/life balance.
Interested candidates should possess:
Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in an architect’s office
Hold a bachelors degree from an accredited Architecture program
Be proficient in Autocad and/or REVIT (preferred)
Be experienced in project management
Be a self-starter and take ownership of projects
If you meet these criteria and Huntsville sounds like the place for you, contact Bart Bankowski via email firstname.lastname@example.org ,and visit www.fuquaarchitects.com for more information about our firm.
Architect – City of Birmingham
The following Minimum Qualifications are required for this job. You must demonstrate possession of these qualifications by providing a detailed description of your related experience in the work history section of your application. Please note that replicating or restating these minimum qualifications or the information from the Personnel Board’s job description as your own work experience will result in your disqualification. Please describe your work experience in your own words to represent the work you have performed that is related to the minimum qualifications for this job.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Licensed as an Architect in the state of Alabama
- Experience in all phases of architecture project delivery, from initial client contact through project close out
• Possession of NCARB certification
Salary Range = $54,974-$98,675.20*
* New salary range will be out shortly and should be 2% higher than stated above.